Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hang Loose

Today we headed out to "The Hub," our meeting area, and learned about the vision of our project. Even though we will learn to surf waves out in the ocean, we are also learning how to "surf" the waves of Christian life. In this sense, God is the wave that drives us forward. We simply have to let Him move us, instead of trying to move Him to do what we would like for Him to do. Just like surfing, "surfing" has several fears that come along with it. There's the fear of not being prepared or equipped to do it, the fear of wiping out, and the fear of what other "surfers" might think of us when we do wipe out. But again, we just have to get back up and try again. I personally have never riden a real wave, but they tell me it's unlike any other experience! The thrill and excitement of riding a wave successfully is addicting! Once your endorphines have started pumping, you forget about all the wipe outs and only focus on getting back up on another wave!! I'm super excited to see what waves God has in store for our group this summer!! I just know he has some gnarly waves headed our direction!!

As I mentioned before, I am living in an apartment with four other girls and a hermit crab. His name is Jian Carlos, pronounced "Juan Carlos". He's french :) Our apartment includes two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a livingroom, and a kitchen. Since we have our own kitchens, we will be preparing our own meals. Since we had no food already in these kitchens, Leslie, Casey, Morgan, Brittany, and I experienced our first grocery shopping trip to Wal-Mart today! That itself was an interesting experience. The shoppers here in Florida mean business! I have never seen so many people at a Walmart and especially not that many moving around so quickly! We felt like we were in the middle of a whirlwind! We survived and left with the essentials. We definitely learned about the things we take for granted while living at home. There's things you don't think about needing that are extremely helpful to have, such as salt and pepper, paper towels, and dishwasher soap! So thank you to all the parents out there who take care of the little things for us! We appreciate it!

Well, tomorrow we all find out which part of Disney World we'll be working at and what we'll actually be doing there, so I better get to sleep so I can be presentable at my casting interview! Wish me luck and please keep my team and I in your prayers so that we could all hang loose and let God be the wave that moves us!

-Rosa :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVING THIS!! When SP picks up the pace ppl tend to stop blogging....you better not :) Your living condition are pretty amazing compared to most SP housing! LUCKY!!

    ReplyDelete