Thursday, June 9, 2011

Making Some Disney Magic!

Wow, where to begin?! A lot of things have happened these past few days! God has definitely been doing some big things here in Florida! So the other day we got to go out and share Jesus at a local park. My small group consisted of a staff woman named Paige and a Disney College Student named Evelyn. We got to go through a small pamphlet called Knowing God Personally with a man named Luis. Luis is from Puerto Rico and has eight kids all ranging from 7 to 22! He told us about how he hasn't seen a couple of them in a few years. He was a Christian already so we just enjoyed some spiritual conversation with him. It was cool just getting to see how God has been working in his life already.

On Monday, I believe, my friend Alicia and I went out and shared again at a local carnival-looking place called Old Town. We went kind of early, so not many people were there to talk to, but we did manage to find a couple sitting on a bench outside one of the small shops. The woman we talked to was a believer, but her boyfriend was not. We weren't able to go through the gospel fully with them, but I believe we did open some doors there. He talked about how she would go to church without him, but seemed interested in going with her. I believe that God used us to open some doors to conversation between them. I know that God wants to have a relationship with the both of them. I will be praying that they would be open to his love and let him have his way in their hearts.


Tuesday we had Traditions, which is where we learn some history and traditions of the Walt Disney World Company. Here we learned all about how Walt Disney had originally created a character before Mickey Mouse and how Mickey's name used to be Mortimer! We learned about Walt's vision for the company and saw how he truly cared so much about his guests! Here at traditions we received our official nametags! We haven't actually started working at Disney World quite yet, but getting our nametags made us all feel that much closer to actually working! We also received a small tour of Disney and saw how much effort goes into making everyday so magical for each guest! We have more training on friday and sunday, but will get to start working after that! I'm so excited to be a part of this magic!

After Traditions, I finally stepped foot on Walt Disney World soil!! Oh man, it was just like being a little kid again!! I absolutely loved it!! I got to see all the fireworks at Cinderella's Castle! I saw Aladdin and Jasmine! I had a dance party with Stitch and Chip & Dale! I rode the Teacups and the Dumbo ride! Space Mountain was super awesome as well!! So awesome that we rode it twice!! Today we went to Hollywood Studios and got to experience some more Disney Magic! We rode the Tower of Terror and the Rock 'N Roller Coaster! Saw the parade that featured the characters from Up, Toy Story, A Bug's Life, The Incredibles, and Monsters Inc! We watched the Beauty and The Beast play production! We finished the day up with the Disney Fantasmic Show! Oh man, this was the best way to end the day! I absolutely loved it!!

The highlight of the night, however, was when a random girl came up to our group and gifted us four fast pass tickets for the Rock 'N Roller Coaster. There was obviously more than four of us in our group, so my friend Chad decided that we should give the tickets to a family of four who could use it. We looked around for a group of four, but he said it had to be the right family. We all laughed at him, but I think he knew what he was doing. I spotted a family of four in bright green shirts and pointed them out to him. He said they were the lucky family! We walked up to the family and told them we had four extra tickets and asked if they would like them. The daughter got extremely excited! They told us how they had just tried to get on but weren't able to because the tickets had all run out. This was the ride that the daughter had wanted to go on the most!! She was smiling ear to ear when she found out she could ride it!! We got to talking to the family and discovered that they were from Texas and that the father was a pastor. We told him we were with Campus Crusade for Christ and he asked if he could pray for us!! It was such an awesome feeling just being able to help and bond with them over our love of Christ! It's awesome to see how God can answer others' prayers through us if we only let him!

God answered some of my big prayers today!! As I have said before, trusting God with my financial situations has been something that I struggle with. I have a hard time believing that God will provide for me even in this part of my life, but today God just rocked my world with His faithfulness. This morning started out with my friend sending me the bible verse 2 Timothy 2:13 which states that "if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself." I love that God remains faithful to me even when my faith is not as strong. Lately I have been worrying about how I am going to pay for school this coming year. We're not the most financially set family, so this posed as quite the predicament. I thought I was going to have to transfer to the community college in Lubbock where it wouldn't be as expensive to attend, but today I checked my university email and saw that I had gotten a new message. I opened it and found out that my financial aid award will pay all tuition and fee charges for the 2011-2012 school year!!!! God is such a great provider for His children!!!

Well I have some more training tomorrow for my new job! I better get some rest! Thank you for all the prayers!! Please keep them coming! I know God has even GREATER things in store for this summer!


Oh, I've posted pictures! Click HERE to see the pictures I've posted on Facebook!


-Rosa :)

4 comments:

  1. WOW !! Awesome things are happening, we love and miss you !! HAVE FUN :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog Rosa, sounds like you are having a blast! I quoted you in my latest newsletter to all my supporters, I'll send you a copy of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW,,, I JUST READ THE WHOLE THING AND JOINED YOUR LIST OF FOLLOWERS.I AM THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED. YOU HAVE GOT IT GOING ON GIRL!WHAT A TESTIMONY. I LOVED THE ANALOGY YOU USED ABOUT THE SURFING ,AND HOW IT RESEMBLES OUR NEED FOR CHRIST. YOU ARE TRUELY A BLESSING! HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE AND MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU AND YOUR TEAM!

    ReplyDelete