Tuesday, May 31, 2011

First Day!

I arrived in Florida today!!!! Today has been exciting to say the least! I successfully navigated my way around the airports in both Lubbock and Austin, but my luggage, on the otherhand, did not. It somehow got lost in the transfer between planes.. This little mishap turned out to be a blessing when loading everyone's luggage into the van. Everyone elses bags fit just perfectly! I'm not quite sure how my bag would have fit! I'm pretty sure someone was looking out for me :) During this time of not having my luggage, I kept telling myself not to worry. God is in control. He'll take care of it. And He did! The airline found my luggage and had it delivered to the resort!

After arriving to the resort, we had to wait quite a while for our rooms to be ready, which allowed us all to have some quality bonding time! We have students from all over the US including Colorado, California, Ohio, Virginia, Illinois, New Mexico, North Carolina, and a couple more! It was fun getting to know each other and to see how Campus Crusade is different yet the same in all the different states. We asked each other all the basic questions: Location? Major? Reason for choosing Disney World Project? I'm excited to establish deeper friendships and get to know each other more personally :)

After what seemed like 28745028 hours, our rooms were finally ready! But believe me, the rooms were definitely worth the wait! Click here and check out what the rooms look like! I will be sharing this little apartment with four other lovely girls: Leslie, Brittany, Morgan, and Casey! We love Glee and Justin Beitber! I know we're all going to get along just fine! I can't wait to see how our friendships will grow, as well as with all my other wonderful teammates!!

After dinner, the staff rounded us all up and sent us on a scavenger hunt at the Downtown Disney Marketplace!! It was a blast! Jen and I did a lovely dance in front of a local band who was playing. They even applauded us! Yeah, we're pretty awesome.. Emily, Jordan, Jen, Philip, and I all took turns building houses out of legos, running in fountains, riding motorcycles, putting together Mr. Potato Heads, and singing Christmas Carols with the passengers on our water taxi! Jen and I were even bestowed the honor of being sprinkled with fairy dust from an actual princess! Oh, did I mention that we saw a performer playing a didgeridoo?! Talk about talent!

Today was a great day and I know it'll only get better!
"Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo! May all your dreams come true!"

-Rosa :)

2 comments: